Thursday, June 6, 2013

Trailing Violet . . .



While strolling down our garden center
greenhouse aisles,
I kept coming back to this pretty little thing.
She was marked "trailing violet"
and the only one in sight
so I grabbed her.


She fit perfectly in my rusty, decorative lantern
that I had waiting for her on my front porch.
I had already removed the glass from it,
anticipating something vining down its sides.



So far she is thriving, no thanks to me.
On a couple of our steamy days
I neglected to water her until late in the day
and she was not very happy,
being completely wilted down.


Thankfully,with a big gulp of cool water,
she perked up.
Looking closer, I think she looks like a tiny pansy.
But what do it know...
Anyone out there know what she is?
For now, she makes me smile
and that's all that matters.

Just because . . .

2 comments:

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I'm not sure what it is called, but it's very pretty and looks perfect in your lantern!

Pamela said...

It looks like a violet to me. And your lantern is just beautiful holding it.